Monday, August 20, 2012

Maternity Leave?

I didn't plan to take a maternity leave from my blog, only from my job, but the unexpected happened! It has been quite an adjustment adding a baby to the family - the best adjustment I have ever made to my life. The past month all I want to do is hold my little girl. We've finally establishing some sort of a routine (this could change because babies are unpredictable), but with that being said, I have just a tiny bit more time on my hands ...... and I have decided to return from my blogger maternity leave. So, what have I been doing other than oooing and awwwwing at my baby? Not too much - dishes and laundry (lots of laundry!), but I have managed to get in a little bit of scrap booking. I'm only aiming for one page a day.

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3 ...............

As you can see, one page a day has actually evolved into less than one page a week! On a more positive note, I do have a suggestion for any scrap booker out there. Stickers can be VERY EXPENSIVE. My method to save money when it comes to scrapbooking? - Save any cards that you recieve. Cards are expensive too ($5.00 each) and they seem like a waste of money, make people feel like they aren't wasting their money on cards by using the embellishments in your scrapbooks! That's what I do, I also frame cards that I really love.

While I have been away, I have had a few updates, additions and rearrangement to the house!


Yay! Microwave = Quick + Easy + Convenient Meals!

My loveley husband bought me this hydrangea mozaic to add to our living room! I love hydrangeas and the baby enjoys gazing at all the different colors and shapes.

So this was the living room before the hydrangea picture was added.........


And this is it now.....


Believe me - the living room never stays this clean! Usually it looks like baby land has taken over. Notice anything else that's different? We added the word inspire above the doorway, and the chest that used to be on the left is now on the right ..... and we added a desk to the left. A.K.A. - My office.


Close up shot!


This will definitly come in handy in two weeks when I return to school.

One other thing that I have worked on is the map that you see in the backround. It's an idea that I got from www.younghouselove.com . Track all the places you have gone in a cute sentimental way!


Its not completed ..... I'd like to decopauge the map to the cork board and add a few things. More of that to come! Then I can officially hang it on the wall above the desk.


I clearly need to venture out of New England! I'll add that to my list of things to do! Time to get back to my love ........ hope to be back soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment